Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:26:55 -0600 (CST)
From:      Chris <chrisj@outcast.media-net.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@Freebsd.org
Subject:   libwrap.so.7.6 shared lib

in tring to get updated to stable from a 2.2.8 cvs im running into some
troubles. the main one that i've not been able to over come is a problem
with libwrap.so.7.6. whenever someone tries to telnet into the box for
access they receive a error stating that ld.so failed: Can't find shared
lib libwrap.so.7.6. I've checked to make sure that it's in the ldconfig, i
assume what the problem is that a file(1) states that it is still a aout
lib, infact all the libs in /usr/local/lib/ are still in aout format.
i built the world via make aout-to-elf-build/install and was under the
impression that these steps would move the aout libs into the correct aout
subdirs? perhaps i need to follow this up with a make move-aout-libs? or
perhaps need to recvsup and build again? i've updated /etc and added
ldconfig_paths_aout statments to the rc.conf and whatnot. just looking for
alittle reassurance before i kill my system or something of the likes ;)

Thanks again

Chris