Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 95 22:43:00 W
From:      Angelo Turetta <turetta@trust.stylo.it>
To:        "'SMTP:amurai@spec.co.jp'" <amurai@spec.co.jp>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PPP on a leased line

Hi,

Please Cc: any reply directly to me: I'm not on this list.

Using the command 'ppp -?' on FreeBSD 2.05R I get:

  /usr/home/angelo> ppp -?
  Usage: ppp [-auto | -direct -dedicated] [system]

I'm going to update my dial up Internet connection to a V34 leased line, and
I wonder if the '-dedicated' option might be used for that.

Is somebody using ijppp to do what I'me trying to?  Or should I use good old
pppd ?

BTW, are there any performance benefits by using either one or the other ?
In other words, assuming proper installation already done, what is better
over a leased line (so excluding automatic dial-up, ease of configuration
and so on...)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Angelo Turetta
System Administrator - Stylo Multimedia - Italy
<aturetta@stylo.it>