Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:38:07 -0500
From:      Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        FreeBSD Ports List <ports@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
Subject:   Stuck on p5-PDA-Pilot slave port of pilot-link

OK, here's the puzzle...

I have to do the normal configure and build *exactly* as pilot-link does.

Then, I have to behave as if a whole new ports Makefile is starting out,
with a different WRKSRC and with PERL_CONFIGURE=yes.

IOW, I have to do a "GNU" configure and build, and then a "Perl"
configure and build, in a subdir. And the wacko way pilot-link's files
are setup, the "GNU" configure doesn't happen in the "configure" step,
it happens as part of the "build" step.

I can't short-circuit the first configure and build, because the Makefile.PL
used in the second configure/build is written by the (first) GNU configure.

I'm not sure what to do here. It looks like I have to figure out what
bsd.port.mk is going to do for a Perl build, and then hard code it. Help!?!

--
Alan Eldridge
"Dave's not here, man."