Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 2001 23:23:27 -0500
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   We now have Rijndael!

Wow it looks like the ports committers have been busy.  There are now
implementations of Rijndael, Twofish, and others along with Idea
(already there) as perl modules.  Rijndael is the new AES standard in
case anybody missed that.  It's at
/usr/ports/security/p5-Crypt-Rijndael     and the Makefile date shows
2001/01/03 23:26:25   Though at my time it's not even there yet.  Must
be in Europe.
	Ok now here's the really dumb question.  How do I use them?  I've
never used perl beyond creating the obligatory hello world script.
I want to do the basic plaintext->cyphertext->plaintext   path.
	Any help out there?  I built the port, but don't know how to use it.
I feel dumb, but as I said, never used perl or the p5 modules in the
ports.
Thanks.

						Tim