Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:42:35 -0800
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status reports - why not regularly?

[i snipped the current CC.]

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <20040113093903.GA84055@mimoza.pantel.net>, Antal Rutz writes:
>>Hi.
>>I just read the status report of the year 2003 from DragonFlyBSD.
>>I ask (not only) myself why don't we have something like this monthly or
>>bi-monthly.
> Because everybody who thought about this concept went on to think
> "and what is core@ doing about it ??!" rather than open an editor
> and begin to write :-)
> Seriously:  It would be great to have.  By all means begin right away!

no offense, as this is usually the "do it yourself" open source way i
subscribe to...  however, i believe the original point was to have
someone _knowledable_ write the reports.  hence the typical allusion to
core.  i don't think it has to be core, but it should be someone with a
good architectural understanding of BSD and Free in particular...  that
way they can filter the core data and sources like cvs-all into
something meaningful to the masses.

i mean...  i could just pull all the data together and turn it into a
"report".  but i seriously doubt it'd be more useful than just browsing
cvs-all online...  so the right person has to do the reporting for it to
actually be of value IMCO.