Date:      Wed, 13 Jan 1999 13:17:35 +0100 (CET)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
To:        Benjamin Krajmalnik <kraj@illumen.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Mounting CD-ROM

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Benjamin Krajmalnik wrote:

> I have mounted my ATAPI CD-ROM and it is working properly.  However, it
> appears that in order to change the disk I must perform a umount of the file
> system (I just cannot eject the CD-ROM while mounted).  Is this the normal
> behavior?  Also, as a note, it appears that the unmount command is not in
> the FreeBSD 3.0 distribution.  I have to use umount instead.

It's totally normal that you have to unmount the file system before you
can change the disk. Also, there has never been an `unmount' utility in
UNIX history; it has ever been called `umount'.

Regards

//
// Konrad Heuer                                  ____            ___  _______
// Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche           / __/______ ___ / _ )/ __/ _ \
//    Datenverarbeitung mbH GÖttingen          / _// __/ -_) -_) _  |\ \/ // /
// Am Faßberg, D-37077 GÖttingen              /_/ /_/  \__/\__/____/___/____/
// Deutschland (Germany)                      ----- The Power to Serve -----
//                                                http://www.freebsd.org
// kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de