Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:59:22 -0700
From:      Dave Young <dave@boldfish.com>
To:        <lists@brenius.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ISP DNS blocking?! (was Re: fetchmail protocol error caused by DNS timeout - solution?)

> For any DNS experts, could you please elaborate on the above informatio=
n? I
> was directed to it when I mentioned the use of nslookup in a DNS proble=
m.

this comes from the DNS server not being able to look up a PTR (reverse D=
NS,=20
IP to NAME) for itself. Either create a reverse zone on the DNS server (i=
f=20
that server uses itself for DNS) or create the reverse zone on the DNS se=
rver=20
the DNS server uses. Or just use dig instead of nslookup.

hth,

-Dave