Date:      Sat, 1 Jan 2000 18:44:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>, Nils Holland <ncptiddische@compuserve.com>
Subject:   Re: Some newbie-questions

On Sat, 1 Jan 2000, John Baldwin wrote:
> On 01-Jan-00 Dan Busarow wrote:
> > Use the ports system.  If you did'nt install ports during the
> > initial installation use /stand/sysinstall to do so now.  Then
> >
> ># cd /usr/ports
> ># cd x11-wm
> ># cd afterstep
>
> Does the afterstep port support GNOME?   From a simple grep I inferred that
> only the afterstep-devel port supported GNOME.

It's not gnome aware but the combination still works well.  Gnome-session
doesn't require a gnome aware WM.  Nice to hear that the -devel port
does know about gnome.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com