Date:      Sat, 03 Dec 2005 18:11:05 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Nicolas Blais <nb_root@videotron.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, asa@agava.com
Subject:   Re: [rc update] sshd no longer starts at boot

Nicolas Blais wrote:
> After a cvsup/buildworld today, sshd (and cupsd, reported in PR ports/89892)
> will no longer start at boot on my system.

There was a problem with the cups.sh startup script that is only apparent
relative to the new rcorder stuff in HEAD. The cups.sh script has the
PROVIDE label in it for NetBSD's purposes, but from our standpoint, it's
still an "old style" startup script. Since the new code in HEAD looks for
this label, it was trying to treat the script in the new way, and that
caused the boot to fail.

I just committed the the simplest possible fix, removing that line from the
startup script. If the maintainer (cc'ed) has a better idea, that's not a
problem, but since I use cups as well, I knew this was going to be a
problem, and I wanted to make sure this didn't bite any more people than
absolutely necessary.

Doug