Date:      24 Sep 2003 09:26:57 +1000
From:      Andy K <andy@richardflanagan.com.au>
To:        Danny Pansters <danny@ricin.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sound Card - NOT

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 21:44, Danny Pansters wrote:
> > none0@pci0:11:0:        class=0x030000 card=0x00000000
> > chip=0x88115333 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
> >     vendor   = 'S3 Incorporated'
> >     device   = '86C732 Trio32, 86C764 Trio64, 86C765 Trio64V+ Rev 01'
> >     class    = display
> >     subclass = VGA
>
> So you have a Trio VGA card.
>
> > none1@pci0:20:0:        class=0x030000 card=0x00000000
> > chip=0x02001039 rev=0x65 hdr=0x00
> >     vendor   = 'Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS)'
> >     device   = 'SiS5597/98 Onboard Graphics Controller'
> >     class    = display
> >     subclass = VGA
>
> So the motherboard also has an onboard VGA chip. So what? :)

Hi Danny

Thanks for your tips, some a little over my head, but a good read up
today should clear things up !(I  hope :)~) I will be trying them out
today.I am quite new to FreeBSD (about 4 months) and wish to learn it
thoroughly. I have had great success with every project I have attempted
so far.
I included the above as a point of interest -  you say 'So the
motherboard also has an onboard VGA chip So what? :)'

The  real interesting thing is that I have pulled the box apart, and I
assure you that there is no Trio VGA card - only on-board VGA. 100%
sure.Thats how it was when FreeBSD was installed - I installed myself
and know that there has never been a video card in this box.When setting
up X, I used the VESA driver.

Wierdrz or what :)

Thanks
Andrew Kozak