Date:      Sun, 18 Jan 2015 13:21:45 +0100
From:      Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>
To:        Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnilan.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sonewconn: pcb 0x???: Listen queue overflow [Was: Re: lagg(8) causes ghost queue with igb(4)]

Hi!

> I noticed another mysterium, at least for me. I'd highly appreciate if
> somebody could give me a hint how I can understand the following lines
>
> sonewconn: pcb 0xfffff801b85907a8: Listen queue overflow: 151 already in
> queue awaiting acceptance (1 occurrences)

You have a socket open in the LISTEN state. Incoming connections
must be accept()'ed. If the process that LISTENs is too busy
to accept, the so-called 'listen-queue' is growing.

I have found

kern.ipc.soacceptqueue: 128

and I assume that this is the max. number of incoming connections waiting
for accept before the next incoming connection will cause that error
(and is not successful any more).

I do not know how to match the pcb (protocol control block) back
to the process/LISTEN in question, but maybe someone else knows this ?

--
pi@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         5 years to go !