Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:37:15 +0100
From:      Indigo <indigo@voda.cz>
To:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [SOLVED]SSH Lockup

  =

> network behind an older 5.4 machine:
>
> Gateway
> 	- Switch
> 		- Workstation
> 		- FreeBSD_5.4
> 			- FreeBSD_6.2
>
> Things worked fine and I was messing around with hardware and such -  =

> getting the machine somewhat ready.
> Now that it's ready I rearranged the network a bit so I can start  =

> configuring mailserver and such:
>
> Gateway
> 	- Switch
> 		- Workstation
> 		- Switch
> 			- FreeBSD_5.4
> 			- FreeBSD_6.2
>
> Ever since I did this - I can ping between the two machines and the 6.=
2  =

> can connect to 5.4, but I can't SSH to the 6.2 from the 5.4.
> Even better - connecting directly from my Workstation works fine.
>
> I tried flushing arp. But I just can't get the 5.4 to talk to 6.2  =

> anymore.
> nmap cant find any ports.
> I can't find any log messages.
> I suppose it's a fault on the 5.4 side - but what kind of error is it?=

> Do you have any idea of what kind of crazy voodoo can be going on?
>
> Thanks,
> Vasek

Just fixed it:
I had the local IP as an alias and public IP as the primary IP.
I switched this and things are okay again.

This won't bug me anymore once I finish my routing. But Im not sure this=
  =

is correct behavior.

rc.conf before:
ifconfig_re0=3D"inet --public--/29"
ifconfig_re0_alias0=3D"inet --local--/24"
rc.conf after:
ifconfig_re0=3D"inet --local--/24"
ifconfig_re0_alias0=3D"inet --public--/29"

Or is my configuration wrong?

Thanks,
Vasek