Date:      Fri, 1 Jan 1999 14:40:11 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        tanis@gaspode.franken.de (German Tischler)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cdrecord/cam

German Tischler wrote...
> Hi.
>
> I'm getting the following error when trying to write a cdrw with
> cdrecord 1.8a14 with current from yesterday:
>
> cam_periph_mapmem: attempt to map 66560 bytes, which is greater than
> DFLTPHYS(65536)
>
> Can I increase DFLTPHYS in /sys/i386/include/param.h without
> problems, to avoid this ?

You need to go into libscg/scsi-bsd.c, and around line 575 you'll find the
CAM version of the scsi_maxdma() function.

Instead of:

return(MAXPHYS);

Change it to:

return(DFLTPHYS - PAGE_SIZE);

Changing DFLTPHYS could cause other more serious problems, and I wouldn't
recommend it.

I've sent the above change to Joerg Schilling, and it should make it into
the next alpha of cdrecord.  If you use the version in the ports tree,
you'll get the above change by default.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry