Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:36:42 +0200
From:      Juergen Dankoweit <Juergen.Dankoweit@T-Online.de>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thinkap T43 suspend/resume only once

Hello to the list.

On my Thinkpad T43 every component works great with FreeBSD 7.0 and 7.1
PRERELEASE.
But there is one point that does not work correctly.
When I press the Fn+F4 buttons the first time after booting the system,
ACPI mode S3 is called correctly and the notebook goes into suspend
mode. After pressing Fn alone the notebook resumes perfekt.

But when I press Fn+F4 the next time, nothing happens. Entering
"acpiconf -s 3" suspends the notebook and resuming is no problem

Where is the problem? If this is the wrong list, please tell me.

Many thanks for your answers.

Best regards

J.D.

Here the configuration files:

/boot/loader.conf
----------------
# fuer T43
acpi_ibm_load="YES"

# Sound-Modul laden
snd_ich_load="YES"

# Bluetooth
ng_ubt_load="YES"

# ATi-Radeon-Module fuer X300
radeon_load="YES"

# fuer Mono
kern.ipc.semmni=40
kern.ipc.semmns=300

# fuer gamin
kern.maxfiles="25000"

/etc/sysctl.conf
----------------
# ACPI fuer Thinkpad T43
#
hw.acpi.reset_video=1
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=S3
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state=S3
hw.acpi.power_button_state=S5
hw.acpi.sleep_delay=3
hw.acpi.verbose=1

dev.acpi_ibm.0.events=1

hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch=0

/etc/devd.conf (the relevant entry):
------------------------------------
# Suspend fuer IBM Thinkpad T43
notify 10 {
        match "system" "ACPI";
        match "subsystem" "IBM";
        match "notify" "0x04";
        action "logger -t Fn+F4 && /etc/rc.suspend";
};

uname -a says:
FreeBSD t43.juergendankoweit.net 7.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE
#0: Sun Sep 14 09:24:44 CEST 2008
juergen@t43.juergendankoweit.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386