Date:      Sat, 6 Apr 1996 21:38:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      garyh@agora.rdrop.com (Gary Hanson)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FTP / CD install?

  I have a somewhat elderly PC (no CDROM) that I'd like to put FreeBSD on.
I can put the PC on the same ethernet that my 'real' PC is on, so I can
do a ftp or NFS install. My immediate preference is for ftp, because I'm
familiar with that, and I've never setup a NFS system before. (Yes, I know
that NFS would probably be better, but my comfort level with that is
rather low. If you could explain how to do it for an NFS newbie, go ahead,
but that's not necessarily the point here).

  I can mount the WC CD in my 'real' PC, and install off that, but the
directory structure of the CD is somewhat different from the directory
structure of an ftp distribution site. I'd appreciate any advice about
what symlinks (or whatever) would be required on my 'real' system to get
the system installed on the old clunker.

  Thanks.

  --Gary Hanson