Date:      Thu, 01 Jun 2000 14:35:21 -0400
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
Cc:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, MG_Tak <mgtak@crosswinds.net>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Off topic, sorta: home RJ-45 wiring

>> I haven't seen this sort of thing in home improvement stores, but I'm in
>> a pretty rural area.  Maybe things are better where you are.  In any
>> case I can recommend a vendor we've used frequently for this sort of
>> thing here in the office:
>>
>> MilesTek, Inc.
>> 1-800-524-7444
>> www.milestek.com
>>
>> They have everything you need and are easy to work with.
>
>I've seen cat5 cable and jacks at Home Depot, but if you don't have one
>nearby you can always go to DataCom Warehouse (warehouse.com)  They carry
>everything you need and I've typically gotten everything within a day or
>two depending on what time I ordered.

I agree. DCW is very fast.  They are also expensive, difficult to
order from, and make frequent mistakes, in my experience.  I have
used them a lot.  MilesTek is not quite as fast but they are easier
to deal with, have better prices, and don't make mistakes, again in
my experience.  When I need it overnight and I don't care what it
costs I call DCW.  When I don't need it overnight I call MilesTek.

Maybe if DCW didn't send me a shiney new catalog every single week
of the year they would have better prices.  :-)

-Mitch