Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2008 23:02:13 +1030
From:      Ben Williams <ben@iugo.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   fsck_msdosfs failing

Hi all,

I've got a problem with fsck_msdosfs. My FAT32 drive came up with errors
after a power-failure-induced reboot, and recommended that I run
fsck_msdosfs manually. However, fsck_msdosfs fails:

# fsck_msdosfs /dev/ad3s1
** /dev/ad3s1
** Phase 1 - Read and Compare FATs
No space for FAT (Cannot allocate memory)#

I've tried googling for it and I can't find anything other than a bug
being mentioned/filed for netbsd which is obviously related, but no fix
was forthcoming.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can proceed?

Thanks,

  - Ben