Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:05:17 +0200
From:      Nikola Lecic <nlecic@EUnet.yu>
To:        Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions ML <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: OpenOffice 2.2 dies  under XFCE 4.4

--MP_SjzzLjqhoI/hutgsBvzU7wa

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 03:16:03 +1000
Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
> all of the sudden, i'm having problems with openoffice. I'm using
> 2.2, installed from packages downloaded from the official packager.
> The "time to crash" crash changes depending on what is done:
>=20
>   - Writer seems to work the longest (by a few seconds)
>   - Calc dies right away
>   - the common interface stays on until I open a menu (or close it,
> if opening didnt crash)... v strange.
>=20
> What may be :
> Interestingly enough, if I run an XNest session from within my XFCE
> and log in as another user, also under xfce 4.4, it has no problems
> at all. Same user, xfce4.4, default X server, OO dies. My account
> using twm, works fine. (twm under xnest works fine too). I haven't
> got another gnome-based WM at hand to test with.
>=20
> What is not (i think) :
> I've built the whole thing locally (sigh) , but the same thing
> happens. I've tested the locally built package on another machine
> (also using xfce4.4) and the same thing happens. Both machines have
> ATI cards and are up to date in all their packages. Both are running
> somewhat modified kernels based on 6.2-STABLE (with no problems at
> all kernel-level). I thought it was related to new java libraries
> (refuted), glibmm update (refuted). I can't think what else has
> changed between last night and this morning in my computer(s).
> Everything else in the system(s) is working fine.
>=20
>=20
> So I guess I'm onto something...i just don't know what yet :-D
>=20
> I've done a full=20
> ktrace -i openoffice.org-2.2.0=20
> and dumped the text version of it at=20
>=20
> http://www.meijome.net/files/freebsd/oo_20070614=20
>=20
> (2 MB compressed, 8 MB uncompressed). OO is exiting with 0x4E , but i
> cant figure out what it means or what's causing it.

I use the same combination (Xfce4 + OO) daily on RELEASE, _never_
experienced a crash with openoffice 2.2 (sporadically with 2.1).
Notably, I don't use libmap.conf; deinstall linuxpluginwrapper and try.
I attached my pkg_info, please take a look.

Nikola Le=C4=8Di=C4=87

--MP_SjzzLjqhoI/hutgsBvzU7wa--