Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 1996 10:22:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu (Annelise Anderson)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CERT FreeBSD ppp Advisory--Distribution?

Annelise Anderson wrote:

> CERT has distributed an advisory on a security problem with user ppp,
> information provided by FreeBSD, Inc.  Although I'm subscribed to the
> USENET group comp.security.announce (and it's there), I actually heard
> about it from my system administrator.
>
> I would think such information ought to be available rather widely to
> people subscribed to various freebsd mailing lists, not just security,
> and should be on the freebsd home page as well.

	freebsd-security-notifications is *the* mailing list for
	these matters.  only the freebsd-security-officers can post
	to this list.  only important notifications are posted.
	the volume is very low, i am happy to say.

	the availability and importance of this list should be
	highligted more clearly on the freebsd web pages and
	perhaps in the installation documetation.

jmb
--
Jonathan M. Bresler           FreeBSD Postmaster             jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
FreeBSD--4.4BSD Unix for PC clones, source included. http://www.freebsd.org/