Date:      Sat, 01 May 1999 20:44:32 +0200
From:      Thomas Widlundh <tw@ettnet.se>
To:        freeBSD <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Slicing

Hi,
I try hard to install BSD. Coming to the screen of slicing the
partition, the program refuses
to make the partitions.
Ex: I try to make a / of 50MB, the answer is that the root partition is
too big!
The same if I try to make a swapslice or a /usr-slice. All on disk one,
master.
The disks are correct found by the BIOS.

My comp. is a 486/66 with 32MB RAM. A master disk of 424MB, of wich only
404MB is found. I try to install
BSD on this master. The slave is 635MB, and it's not involved in this
slicing.
My CD is an IDE Nec, but it seems hard to be found as well. I have no
SCSI or Ethernetcards, whatsoever.

The BSD version is CD-ROM 3.1.

Any ideas? Do you want more info? I've searched for info of this kind of
error, but I've not succeded
so far.

Regards
Thomas