Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 19:52:40 -0500
From:      Michael Joyner <mjoyner2@hq.dyns.cx>
To:        TooMany Mirrors <freebsdguru@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: SCSI emulation help and patching

there is a third file you need to download

atapicam-20020820.diff
atapicam-STABLE-config-20020820.diff
cam_xpt.c.diff

Quoting TooMany Mirrors <freebsdguru@hotmail.com>:

> I have a custom kernel and I'm running Stable I am really just making sure
> this is a resonable solution. However I have applied all patches and am
> getting an error during the build process. This is all applicalbe info
>
> 4.7-STABLE FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #0: Mon Oct 28 12:16:28 EST 2002
>
> patch < atapicam-20020820.diff
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 172.
> done
>
> patch < atapicam-STABLE-config-20020820.diff
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 1235 (offset 4 lines).
> done
>
> make buildkernel KERNCONF=BSDGURU
> mkdir -p /usr/obj/usr/src/sys
> cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf;

PATH=/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/sbin:/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/bin:/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/games:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

> [...]
> device          sio0    at isa? port IO_COM1 flags 0x10 irq 4
> device          sio1    at isa? port IO_COM2 irq 3
> device          sio2    at isa? disable port IO_COM3 irq 5
> device          sio3    at isa? disable port IO_COM4 irq 9
>
> # Parallel port
> device          ppc0    at isa? irq 7
> device          ppbus           # Parallel port bus (required)
> device          lpt             # Printer
> device          plip            # TCP/IP over parallel
> device          ppi             # Parallel port interface device
> #device         vpo             # Requires scbus and da
>

> # PCI Ethernet NICs that use the common MII bus controller code.
> # NOTE: Be sure to keep the 'device miibus' line in order to use these NICs!
> device          miibus          # MII bus support
>
> # ISA Ethernet NICs.
> # 'device ed' requires 'device miibus'
> device          ed0     at isa? port 0x280 irq 10 iomem 0xd8000
> # The probe order of these is presently determined by i386/isa/isa_compat.c.
> device          ie0     at isa? port 0x300 irq 10 iomem 0xd0000
> #device         le0     at isa? port 0x300 irq 5 iomem 0xd0000
> device          lnc0    at isa? port 0x280 irq 10 drq 0
> device          cs0     at isa? port 0x300
> device          sn0     at isa? port 0x300 irq 10
>
> # Pseudo devices - the number indicates how many units to allocate.
> pseudo-device   loop            # Network loopback
> pseudo-device   ether           # Ethernet support
> pseudo-device   sl      1       # Kernel SLIP
> pseudo-device   ppp     1       # Kernel PPP
> pseudo-device   tun             # Packet tunnel.
> pseudo-device   pty             # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)
> pseudo-device   md              # Memory "disks"
> pseudo-device   gif             # IPv6 and IPv4 tunneling
> pseudo-device   faith   1       # IPv6-to-IPv4 relaying (translation)
> pseudo-device   snp     10
>
> # The `bpf' pseudo-device enables the Berkeley Packet Filter.
> # Be aware of the administrative consequences of enabling this!
> pseudo-device   bpf             #Berkeley packet filter
>
> # USB support
> device          uhci            # UHCI PCI->USB interface
> device          ohci            # OHCI PCI->USB interface
> device          usb             # USB Bus (required)
> device          ugen            # Generic
> device          uhid            # "Human Interface Devices"
> device          ukbd            # Keyboard
> device          ulpt            # Printer
> device          umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da
> device          ums             # Mouse
> device          uscanner        # Scanners
> device          urio            # Diamond Rio MP3 Player
> # USB Ethernet, requires mii
> device          aue             # ADMtek USB ethernet
> device          cue             # CATC USB ethernet
> device          kue             # Kawasaki LSI USB ethernet
>

> Let me know what I'm doing wrong here :) Thanks all

FreeBSD System Administrator
http://manhattan.hq.dyns.cx/