Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:36:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Peter Leftwich" <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   4.7-RELEASE bootable CD-R to replace files

Hello fellow BSD'ers!  Happy holidays.

I had 4.7-RELEASE on my box and then I accidentally deleted a file
as root (I think it was /usr/lib/ld-elf.so.1 or .8) and now the
system is not bootable anymore (I believe this affected many
binaries such as /sbin/init and my tcsh shell)!

Could someone please advise me about booting into this CD-R I have
of 4.7-RELEASE and reinstalling (similar to upgrading, for which
there is sparse information at www.freebsd.org)??

Do I just select "Label" from /stand/sysinstall (as fdisk
information looks fine) and label the root mountpoint "/" then
select bin, compat, libraries etc or will this possibly OVERWRITE a
directory I currently have (mounted) such as /root/mydocuments/ ??

Thanks to anyone who can clarify this procedure.

PS: Please reply CC: to my email address as well as the list.

--
Peter Leftwich, President & Founder
Video2Video Services