Date:      Sat, 1 May 1999 12:25:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   printjob.c

   Further examination of my lpr problems have turned up
   some strange results.

   As root, lptest > /dev/lpt0

   spits out essentially blank pages; it prints one test line
   and quits.  As myself, I run into permission problems.

   catting a file (  as root  ) to /dev/lpt0  seems to work
   in very slowmotion which would seem to indicate some screwup
   in the BIOS setup.

   lpq always shows `no entries'.

   The "cannot exevc %s" <filter> string is coming from an execv()
   failure in lpr/lpr/printjob.c,  but that's about it.

   Ideas, printer wizards??

   thanks,

   gary