Date:      Wed, 05 May 1999 23:56:01 +0200
From:      "Michael C. Vergallen" <mvergall@double-barrel.be>
To:        Seth <seth@freebie.dp.ny.frb.org>
Cc:        "Michael C. Vergallen" <mvergall@mail.double-barrel.be>, Tim Priebe <tim@iafrica.com.na>, Greg Quinlan <greg@qmpgmc.ac.uk>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.1 remote reboot exploit (fwd)

Seth wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, how were you attempting to remotely reboot your ftp
> server?

Sending large packets , incomplete packets, small packets etc. I also only seen a
FreeBSD box panic ones
that is when I tripped on my server's cabling and pulled the Host adapter cable loose
from the disc crate that was when I was transfering a large 1 GB file as a test to
see if the TCP stack was  upto scratch. Now
the system paniced when trying to flush a block to disc..

Michael