Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 19:51:13 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ADSL drivers

* Sergi Callau <sergi.callau@aidware.com> [20001031 13:06]:
=3D>Hello,
=3D>=20
=3D>My telco (Telefonica Spain) had come and installed a 3Com OfficeConnect=
=20
ADSL Modem PCI in my computer. It runs well in Windows 98/NT and  they=20
have recently released drivers for Windows 2000 also.=20
=3D>=20
=3D>I want to install FreeBSD on this machine and use it like firewall, ftp=
 and=20
web server for give access to my SOHO materials (files, printers, fax, mail=
=85).=20
I=92m not making a professional website for getting many users, just a litt=
le=20
team in an intranet.=20
=3D>=20
=3D>I=92m working very closely with your recently opened office in Spain an=
d=20
I=92m translating the materials to Spanish, and I will probably do more thi=
ngs for them. I want to use and know BSD products. It would be very nice if=
 I could use this card and be not obligated to buy a=20
external router box.
=3D>=20
=3D>If you need it there you can find more information about this ADSL card=
: in=20
http://www.3com.com/products/dsheets/400435.html <http://www.3com.com/produ=
cts/
dsheets/400435.html> . It is the 3Com Model # 3CP3617.
=3D>=20
=3D>Any kind of help will be very appreciated.

It all takes you to the handbook at www.freebsd.org/handbook
Look at the Section - "Supported Hardware" and see if there is something
about your device. If it is there...;-)

=3D>Please don=92t hesitate to contact me if you have any query,

HTH

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ord=
eal=20
of meeting me is another matter. -Winston Churchill=20
(contributed by Chris Johnston)=20