Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 15:51:28 -0700
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com>
To:        Brian <bwrenn@labrador.cslab.vt.edu>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: registration question

On Tue, Jul 14, 1998 at 04:40:46PM -0400, Brian wrote:
> When I to a "mount <machine-name>:/<partition/directory>" I get this error
> message: "NFS Portmap: RPC: Program not registered".  Will you point me to
> where I can so whatever needs to be done so that I may use "mount" in this
> way?  Thank you,
> Brian

This is the simple way to do this.

1.   become root
2.   edit /etc/rc.conf
3.   set nfs_client_enable to YES
4.   set nfs_server_enable to YES
5.   reboot
6.   login as root
7.   the other machine is exporting the directory, right?
8.   mount_nfs <machine-name>:/<partition/directory> <mount point>

Works for me

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 2.2.7
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses