Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 14:09:11 -0500
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jean-Charles_Gr=E9goire?= <gregoire@inrs-telecom.uquebec.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel PRO/1000 F Server Adapter

I have difficulties with these gigabit fiber boards. They are in the 738640
series, which I believe to be LIVENGOOD from my observations.

I have cards mounted in Linux servers, with the Intel driver and they operate
correctly. I have had no success with FreeBSD and the wx driver, either back to
back, or plugged into a gigabit switch (Extreme Networks).

In either cases, the link is active (2 leds on), but the cards won't originate
traffic, or signal that they have received traffic (which I can see coming on
the boards from the leds).

I am using 4.2-stable from last weekend. The log gives a lot of ``receive
sequence error'' messages from the boards, resulting from my tests, I suppose.

I use the boards in a 32bits 33MHz PCI bus, in case it matters. My servers
have a 64bits bus, but the boards are supposed to operate in any form of
33/66Hz,32/64bits  environments.

If anyone has them running, I would be interested in their comments, the
configurations they have, and the difficulties they might have encountered.

Also, does the wx driver work only in auto negotiation mode?

Thanks,

jc