Date:      Sun, 14 May 2000 17:00:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Eric Ogren <eogren@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 5.0 already?

> Jordan has, numerous times, retracted his statement that 4.0 is not ready
> for production use; in fact, I believe he has specifically recommended
> it. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd find examples of this in the archives. :)

You are still not getting what I mean, he may have retracted that
statement that it wasn't ready for production use, but he did say
something about the tree not being the "real stable" even though it's
marked as such. As I said before, I totally agree that FreeBSD 4.0 is
ready for production use, and is better than 3.x.

Ken