Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 23:49:15 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Brian Wolter <bwolter@students.depaul.edu>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: boot problems

Brian Wolter wrote:

> thanks for your help kent,
>
>         i have installed bsd on my second drive alongside a distribution
> of linux. i don't believe that the / partition is below the 1024
> cutoff.  is there a way to do this without doing too much damage to my
> linux partition (which occupies this section of my disk)?

Hi Brian,

I don't have any idea. The cylinder 1023 rule was the first thing that
came to mind as a typical cause and we needed to know. I'm sending my
response back to questions so that someone that knows may help you
out. I've used products like Partition Magic but never on something
like a Linux partition.

BTW, if you have lba spcified, cylinder 1024 is ~8.4GB. It works out
like (1023*255*63*512)=8.4GB.

Good luck,

Kent

--