Date:      Wed, 5 May 1999 08:31:16 +1000
From:      Jim Mock <jim@blues.ghis.net>
To:        Freebsd Danny <freebsd@start.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache Configuration problem on Freebsd  227

On Tue, 04 May 1999 at 14:41:15 +0000, Freebsd Danny wrote:
> I have this problem with Apache and Freebsd,
>
> Ok Currently I am running apache 1.3.0 and I got ssi running, and a
> whole lot of stuff running. I just d/l the latest verson of apache
> 1.3.6 and I want to do a upgrade to that verion. Then maybe I can
> get this php3 and mysql thing tested.
>
> Is there some simple way I can upgrade to the latest version of
> apache so I can still like have SSI running and the old stuff
> running on the latest version of Apache.

The easiest way would probably be to make a backup of your existing
httpd.conf, access.conf, and srm.conf (I don't remember if 1.3.0 uses
the 3 config files or just httpd.conf like the later versions do) and
merge the differences into the new conf file.

> Any assistance will be great I am desperate for a solution to my
> problem . :)

If anyone has a prettier or easier way to do it, I'm sure they'll make
it known =)

Hope this helps,

--
Jim Mock  System Administrator  jim@blues.ghis.net    ,-._|\  FreeBSD