Date:      Wed, 3 Dec 2003 08:40:35 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <freebsd-questions@penguinpowered.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dual Headed display with ati driver

Hi all,

Has anyone here got a dual headed display working with the ati driver in
XFree86 ? I have a Radeon 9800pro and I'm using XFree86-Server-snap,
which I believe used the XFree86-4.3.99.15.tar.bz2 for it's install.

With just one monitor plugged in, I get 1024x768 @ 85Hz. As soon as I
plug the second monitor in, even before configuring it, and startx, both
monitors come up with the same display on each. However my CRT will only
work at 60Hz which is a bit of a problem.

I'm using an Iiyama Visionmaster pro 410 (CRT) as my primary monitory
and a Samsung Syncmaster S171 (LCD) as my secondary monitor.

Does anyone have any pointers as to how I could get this working
properly ?

Thanks in advance,

--
Wayne Pascoe
'tis far easier to get forgiveness than it is to