Date:      Thu, 3 May 2007 00:17:34 -0500
From:      "illoai@gmail.com" <illoai@gmail.com>
To:        "Duane Hill" <d.hill@yournetplus.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Time Synchronizing Between Two Servers

On 02/05/07, Duane Hill <d.hill@yournetplus.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2 May 2007, Jeff Mohler wrote:
>
> > Is that working?
> >
> > If it is..seems you nailed it.
>
> It is working. I just didn't know if there was another way. I will
> continue on with the way it is. Thanks.

I prefer to have one machine (generally something
with a server class motherboard since those seem
to have better clocks) running ntpd(8) and it also
serving as the local timed(8) master ("-F localhost -M").

It may very well be noisier than just serving out ntp
to the local network, what with talk about elections
and such every 4 minutes, but generally everything
is kept within 0.050 seconds (and running ntpd on
all of the local machines feels like serious overkill).