Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:35:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kip Macy <kmacy@netapp.com>
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        Apache Man <apache@ukr.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel panic: vm_object_reference

No apologies neccessary :-). You may be right with respect to FreeBSD.
In his BSD class Kirk describes a forcible unmount as a perfectly legitimate
thing to do (albeit a bit traumatic for the users). It may just be a regression
that crept in and, seeing as it is something that people seldom want to do, no
one saw a need to fix it.

				-Kip