Date:      Tue, 08 May 2001 15:59:25 -0700
From:      Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Webmin 0.85_4 Running on Apache With SUEXEC Enabled?

I installed Webmin from the ports on a 4.3 system a few weeks ago.  It
worked fine.  Then I tried to move it from its included miniserv.pl to a
virtual host on Apache per the instructions at
http://www.webmin.com/webmin/apache.html.

Well this didn't work at all.  When I attempted to connect to Webmin once it
was running on Apache, I received a 500 - Internal Server Error.  The error
log indicated that Apache couldn't setuid.  So I searched Google for some
answers and found that setuid and suexec contradict each other so I removed
the setuid bit from all of the webmin files as I enabled suexec when I
compiled Apache.

Now when I connect to webmin, I get the normal header and no errors.
However instead of seeing various icons on the screen, there is the message
"You do not have access to any Webmin modules.".  I've tried looking in the
suexec log but there are no entries.  Now I'm stuck.

Has anyone else attempted this configuration and gotten it working?  I'd
appreciate any help, hints, pointers, etc.  Please don't take anything for
granted as I'm relatively new to both Unix and FBSD and thus, I don't really
know what I'm doing.

Thanks,

Drew