Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 2000 10:58:20 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <vedette@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Sendmail / mutt errors

Quoting Christopher W. Aiken <cwaiken@telerama.com>:
 [000906 04:02]:
Christopher W. Aiken>
Christopher W. Aiken>How can I set up "sendmail" or "mutt" to avoid the following
Christopher W. Aiken>errors that I'm getting with FreeBSD 4.1?  I changed the
Christopher W. Aiken>email address to "protect the innocent".  :)

Talk to the Admin at your ISP to let you do smart-host delivery. You'll
configure sendmail (your problem is not with mutt) to dump all outbound
mail at your ISP's mail server which will in turn send the mail to the
final destination.
The problem, I suspect, is about DNS. Your host is failing the reverse
name resolution test. This could be due to the fact that your IP address
is dynamically allocated from your ISP.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Systems Administrator

A boy's will is the wind's will, and the thoughts of youth are long, long
thoughts. -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, "My Lost Youth"