Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2001 10:09:46 -0700
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@sigbus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Large UDP packet problems (64k, Amanda)

Im trying to do amanda backups which utilizes large UDP packets (64k) to send
around information.  Unfortunatly on my machine these packets seem to be
getting /dev/null'd.  I have tuned (probably incorrectly) the sysctl options:

net.local.dgram.maxdgram: 65536
net.local.dgram.recvspace: 65536
net.inet.udp.maxdgram: 65536
net.inet.raw.maxdgram: 65536

And it still doesnt work.  This is on FreeBSD 4.3, and used to work back in
4.1 or so.  Anyone have any ideas on what I might look at?

Oh yah, the communication is to and from the same machine (via the ethernet IP
address)

-Crh

      Charles Henrich                                     henrich@sigbus.com

                         http://www.sigbus.com/~henrich