Date:      Sun, 23 Jun 1996 14:07:26 +0000
From:      Carlos Amengual <amengual@sadeya.cesca.es>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        Interview w/ a boog <boog@gti.net>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: apache setup

Doug White wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Jun 1996, Interview w/ a boog wrote:
>
> > I put the path string for calling the httpd.conf file -
> > (e.g. /usr/local/www/server/httpd -f
> > /usr/local/www/server/conf/httpd.conf)
> > but i get an error saying that the '-f' is an invalid parameter.  this
> > error comes during boot right after it launches the apache daemon.
>
> If you have a 2.2 SNAP, then there is an option in /etc/sysconfig to turn
> on apache.  Make sure httpd is in the normal path and set apache_httpd to
> YES in sysconfig.
>
> If it doesn't like -f, then don't use it.

But it is a good idea to specify the -f or -d options explicitly instead of relying
on defaults for the config files (I prefer to use "-d"). It is strange that it
rejects "-f".

Instead of adding more lines to /etc/rc, he (it? :-) should modify the line already
in /etc/rc that uses the sysconfig file setting to launch Apache.

Carlos
Carlos Amengual - Sociedad Astronómica de España y América
Avenida Diagonal, 377, 2  -  08008 Barcelona  -  Spain
amengual@sadeya.cesca.es  -  http://www.sadeya.cesca.es/