Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 2010 00:07:48 -0700
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Regular Expression Editor

--KN5l+BnMqAQyZLvT

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 06:50:59PM -0800, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
>=20
> >> What tool are you using your regexes with?
>=20
> Carmel> OK, I was using RegExp Buddy <http://www.regexbuddy.com/>; on a Wi=
ndows
> Carmel> machine.
>=20
> Nice non-answer.  I'm sorry I wasn't clear.
>=20
> What *thing* will these regexs eventually be used in?  PHP?  Perl?
> Awk?  Sed?  Java?

I don't know if I've just overlooked your presence before, or if this is
actually the first time I've seen a comment from you on this mailing
list, but hi, Randal.

Okay, that aside:

I think you must have overlooked the part where Carmel mentioned writing
regexen for use with sieve+Dovecot and possibly with Postfix.  I get the
impression from that and later comments in the thread that Carmel is
particularly focused on sieve's regex syntax, which may use libc's regex
implementation.

--=20

--KN5l+BnMqAQyZLvT

--KN5l+BnMqAQyZLvT--