Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 1996 14:17:40 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        hwr@pilhuhn.de
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: spontaneous reboot with -stable

>In article <Pine.BSF.3.91.960120093651.1330E-100000@haven.uniserve.com>, Tom S
>amplonius wrote:
>>  Not if you have a 2940.  The new ahc driver is really, really nice in
>>comparison to the old one.  I'm now seeing record uptime's on a -stable
>>system.
>
>I guess that is what really worries me .. the new driver is not out for
>a longe time yet ...
>
>--
>Heiko W.Rupp hwr@pilhhuhn.de
>INN FAQ can be found in ftp://ftp.xlink.net/pub/news/docs/

I wouldn't touch the old driver with a 10 foot pole.  Most
of the stability problems I've seen have a conection to the ep driver
or the reordering of probes (ISA comes last).  I haven't had
time to look into these problem yet, but I will after USENIX.
--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations