Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:38:56 -0700
From:      GoodleafJ@immunex.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT question -- Books on OS basics

Thanks for the responses so far. As always, I appreciate everyone's
willingness to help. In this case though I probably didn't explain well
what I was looking for. I was hoping for theory books on operating systems.
I'm already acquainted with The Complete FreeBSD and the Handbook. (Thanks
though.) I want something that will explain different approaches to virtual
memory, or how the softupdates approach to filesystem management is
different from the journaling filesystem approach. So I'm not looking
specifically for FreeBSD stuff, but for OS stuff on a more abstract plane.
Thanks,
John

                    "Jonathan
                    Slivko"              To:     <GoodleafJ@immunex.com>, jeremy-novak <pr0cy0n@home.com>
                    <js43064n@pac        cc:     <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
                    e.edu>               Subject:     Re: OT question -- Books on OS basics

                    06/05/01
                    09:29 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    js43064n

"The FreeBSD Handbook" (http://www.freebsd.org/handbook) is also
available in hardcover, it's a very good book :)
-- Jonathan

Jonathan M. Slivko <js43064n@pace.edu>
Network Admin., DataSyrge Internet S.
Server Co-Admin., AsylumNet IRC Network
http://www.asylum-net.org -- check us out!

Pager/Voicemail: (917) 388-5304 (24 Hours)