Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2001 23:04:31 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Update on 4.4 release date

In message <20010916143803.A22183@freeway.dcfinc.com> "Chad R. Larson" writes:
: On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 06:44:04PM -0700, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
: > o We're very close to being ready with the RELENG_4_4 branch (AKA
: >   4.4.0-STABLE)...
:
: Is this to imply we're going back to point releases rather than
: patches along the "very stable" branch?
:
: That is, would we have a "4.4.6-STABLE" rather than "4.4-STABLE-p6"?
: If so, I approve.

Unless Jordan tells me differently, I'm going to continue to do the
-pX suffix for 4.4.  The reason for that is that we don't reroll the
release for each one of these.  Now, if we do, well, I'll jump off
that bridge when we come to it.

Warner