Date:      21 Jun 2000 09:57:46 +0200
From:      Dmitry Karasik <Dmitry.Karasik.dk@plab.ku.dk>
To:        Mark Ovens <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        Nicola Leigh <debbie@squid.ezesurf.co.uk>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: am i mad???

	Hi Mark!

On 21 Jun 00 at 01:44, "Mark" (Mark Ovens) wrote:

 >> But i am unable to find linprocfs.tar.gz what-so-ever...
 Mark> I don't think it's a port/package. It was in the base system, then
 Mark> it got removed, now I believe it's been re-instated....yes, it has -
 Mark> /usr/src/sys/i386/linux/linprocfs and the Makefile is in
 Mark> /usr/src/sys/modules/linprocfs
 Mark> This is in 4.0-STABLE.

That is, strictly speaking, not correct. Although man page said that
linprocfs first appeared in 4.0, my system, ( 4.0-STABLE
upgraded from 3.4, not installed from scratch, though) has no files
related to linprocfs. The 5.0 has those files, that's right, but
4.0 hasn't. So, either there's a confusion, or man page just blindly lies.

cheers,
Dmitry