Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 2002 22:20:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Show-stopping Galeon bug!

If you use the Galeon browser, be careful or mindful of the following bug
that has actually crashed *look of awe!* my system 3 or 4 times now.

Somewhat reproducible...

If you press Ctrl-r to refresh the loaded URL and a dialog appears asking
to REPOST form data and you either hit the Enter key or spacebar or click
OK at the same time (something frantic like that, or hold down Ctrl-r and
press Enter) you will still be able to move the mouse around (clicking does
nothing) but the keyboard will be ignored (Alt-tab, Esc, C-A-BKSP, Ctrl-\,
Ctrl-. etc) and pressing the "NumLock" or "CapsLock" keys will not light up
their LEDs.  Dead in the water not in the water though.

Has anyone else witnessed this?  I had an mp3 playing on "xmms" player and
it continued to play fine.  Because of the crash, (technically not a crash,
but what do you call being isolated from all input means such as mouse and
keyboard?) I was forced to press my unit's Reset button (I waited until the
mp3 finished playing due to HDD access).

Has anyone else witness this or something similar with Mozilla?

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder, Video2Video Services