Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 22:52:46 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>

Dear Sirs.

I'm sorry bothering the community again with my problem. But I revealed
something strange in /boot/pxeboot.

On August, 1st 9 o'clock CEST I did a backup of our diskless configuration
and that was the last known good configuration. Today I run into struggle
with the last cvsupdate. All of our diskless machines are unabale to boot, they
crash immediately after trying to boot via TFTP. I tried to watch this process
for several hours now and tried many reconfiguartions and tried to reveal
the mistake I did - but I simply copied now /boot/pxeboot from the
backup CD into the boot directory of the diskless bootstrap server and, voila!,
all diskless stations are able to boot.

I tried to watch whether there have been changes in the pxeboot code but in the
specific time, since yesterday morning, there were no logs. Maybe a compiler
error?

Hope someone of the development group finds this error ...

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institut fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinenraum)