Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 19:59:10 +1000
From:      bsd@smmc.qld.edu.au
To:        brian@worldcontrol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does freeBSD2.7 support ISDN?

Hi again Brian...
> > I have a question. Apparently an isdn router can switch on demand 64 k
> > to 128k. (some or all I don't know)

> I depends on what you mean by 'switch on demand'. You probably mean
> when the 1st B channel is saturated you'd like the 2nd B channel to
> be brought up automatically.  I am not aware of a way to do this with
> the user land ppp (iijPPP).  However, I wouldn't doubt that that
> functionality is transparently supported in some of the ISDN TAs.
Yep that's what I meant...sort of load balancing. I have today been told that in fact, as you say,
some TAs support this transparently...and that's just what I needed
to know. ISDN with FreeBSD....what could be easier?

> > Someone mentioned these ...synchronous serial port
> the 16650 and Hayes ESP are async serial ports. There seems to be
> a lot of endless confusion about ISDN and serial ports.
Thanks for clearing that up. I do understand. It was just that such
synchronous serial ports are in fact available! I was not aware of
their existence
Again, thanks for your help
Keith