Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 2010 18:17:19 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        freebsd general questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Routing Question

I have several servers with one ethernet interface.  Currently it is =
connected via a WAN to the internet.  We are in the midst of switching =
to a different provider.  I would like to be able to operate with both =
temporarily until all the users/services get switched.  The new circuit =
is in and working.  I would like somehow to configure the system (I have =
pf in use) to be able to detect the packets that come from a specific =
router and route the return packets back through it.  The other network =
would be the default.  PF's route_to will return the packets to the =
proper router, but I have not been able to figure out which ones those =
would be.  The source IP address can be any on either network and its =
highly likely that we will see packets from the same source network on =
both at the same time.  The only distinction I see in the input packets =
between the two paths is the MAC address of the router.  I don't see any =
way in pf or the system to use that to affect the return path though.=