Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 1998 12:44:31 -0500
From:      "Frank Griffith" <frankg@idfw.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Mail ifconfig -a output to myself

I want to run the command ifconfig -a  and have the output
of this command be mailed to myself via the Internet. So,
I typed this command line:

    ifconfig -a > mail my_emailaddress@my_domain.com

Of course this did not work. Can someone tell me the
proper syntax for this?

BTW: I want to do this so I can keep up with my IP on my
computer at home while I'm away from the house. I can't
afford a static IP account just yet and my only method for
reaching my home server from my office is to write down
the IP before I leave and hope it doesn't have to reconnect
before I get to work. Does anyone know what I'm talking
about.? Any good scripts you can share? Do I need to
use cron?