Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:54:07 -0600
From:      Eric Long <eric@metrotv.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   system configs not loading after upgrade

Upgraded from 4.0-RELEASE to 4.5-STABLE and new system boots, but none of
the system configurations (rc.conf, logging) are being run at startup.  I am
assuming this is attributed to my haste in quickly going through mergemaster
and installing new config files instead of keeping old ones.

I've restored all rc.* files from the 4.0-RELEASE and they are now in /etc/.

Still, the contents of rc.conf are not being set after a reboot with old
rc.* files.

I still have all contents of /etc from 4.0-RELEASE so all is not lost.  I
don't know where my error is.  What am I overlooking?

-Eric