Date:      Sun, 30 May 2010 08:02:34 +0200
From:      Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft@gmx.net>
To:        Alexey Shuvaev <shuvaev@physik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: replacing audio/libmpcdec by audio/musepack

On Saturday 29 May 2010 21:48:12 Alexey Shuvaev wrote:
> Not that I am using either of them but... libmpcdec is a stand-alone
> library while musepack depends on audio/esound. Is this dependency
> non-avoidable?

Fortunately, the latest version doesn't depend on esound any longer. It
installs some additional binaries, but I don't think that's a big issue.

But your comment gave me a different idea that might be worthwile. If both
ports are kept (i.e., libmpcdec containing the updated library, musepack just
the tools), the upgrade path would be easier. Ports could be upgraded without
manual intervention.