Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 2009 15:49:39 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
To:        drosih@rpi.edu, rblayzor.bulk@inoc.net
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Big problems with 7.1 locking up :-(

> FWIW, the other guy I know who is having this problem had already
> switched to using ULE under 7.0-release, and did not have any
> problems with it.  So *his* problem was probably not related to
> SCHED_ULE, unless something has recently changed there.

Well, one of my machines just locked up again, even with SCHED_4BSD
on it, so I am now thinking it is unrelated.

The machine has completely locked - no response to pings, no
response to keypresses, nor to the power button. There is nothing
printed on the console - it is just sitting there with a login prompt :-(

This is really not good - these are extremely common servers after all, and
I am just running bog standard 7.1 with apache and mysql. This is happening
across several different servers, all of which are slight variants on
the DL360, so I dont think it is something perculiar to me.

-pete.